Season Start Dates
Are your kids itching to get on the ice? We have good news for you, the red rink is in and we are in business!
Starting Monday our schedule will be:
Group 1 First Years (2015 birth year)
First and third Friday 6pm-7pm
Group 2 Second Years (2014 birth year)
Second and fourth Friday 6pm-7pm
This schedule is only for evaluations which could take until the end of the month but may be done sooner. Once we have separated into teams, your managers will update you on what things will look like going forward practice wise. Please touch base with me if you need special considerations on evaluation dates.
We have a few more house keeping items:
- Medical Form: Please access the Medical form PDF here. This will need to be completed & submitted back to me either by email or in person at the rink.
- Volunteer cheques: Each SMHA Family is required to complete 8 Volunteer Hours during the season. You will be required to provide a post dated cheque (Dated: March 31st 2023). Amount for $200. Once we have formed teams you can bring your cheque to your manager. If Volunteer hours ARE Completed, your cheque will NOT be cashed.
- Respect in Sports: I have received the list of out of date Respect in Sports and will be emailing anyone who needs to update theirs shortly. Your child can not step onto the ice until this is complete.
- Getting Dressed: Part of hockey is breeding confidence and a team atmosphere. In order to help your kids thrive in this regard, we recommend having them dress themselves a couple times at home so that they can do it independently at the rink. Coaches can help where needed and tie skates. Our goal by the end of the season is to only have the team and coaches in the dressing room.
- Managers: We are still looking for managers. Each U9 team needs a manager. This is a great way to be involved in minor hockey, support your player’s team, and get to know the parents and guardians on your team. You do not need to know anything about hockey to manage a team. If you are interested in managing your player’s team, please email me with your name, your player’s name, and your phone number. We will need between four and six managers for this season depending on how the teams shake out. Managing a team will complete all your volunteer hours. Please email me if you are interested.
In the event you delete an email or are looking to double check something, any Emails you receive from me, are also posted on our Stettler Minor Hockey Website, under the U9 Division Tab.
Our Goal is for all the kids & parents to HAVE FUN! If you have any further questions please don’t hesitate to ask me anytime.